Re: [NTLK] Free Registration code for SBM Utilities

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Thu Jul 23 2009 - 18:59:03 EDT

On 7/21/2009 6:39 PM, Andy Hill wrote:
> Phil and others
>
> Please ignore this. the reason I had different versions was that I had
> already unzipped a copy the other day but forgot I did. So when I
> uzipped another copy, it renamed it _1.
>
> However, despite this stupidity, it is odd that the one I unzipped using
> Aladdin worked fine whereas the one I unzipped with Winzip didn't?

I am not 100% certain but I think this is due to Aladdin doing the
"strip" automatically since you are doing it on a PC. If you take the
one with winzip (or any normal unzipper) and run it though the strip.exe
program (it is on UNNA) it will fix it. Just put strip and any package
that won't install in a folder and drag/drop it onto the strip.exe file.
 And bingo fixed file that will install.

Of course if you are using Aladdin sounds like that is already done for
you. Personally the Aladdin software has bloated so much in recent
years (not to mention always hassling you to buy a copy every time you
use the thing) I stopped using it.

-Dan