Re: [NTLK] Pen computing is dead... long live the iNewt

From: RAParker <quadzillanet_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun Aug 16 2009 - 13:45:30 EDT

On Aug 16, 2009, at 8:27 AM, "Dennis B. Swaney" wrote:

> With the addition of Voice Control in
> the iPhone 3GS, there might soon
> be "an app for that"

Yep... It's called QuickVoice iP and it works! Spent last night testing and tuning it. I'm very impressed with it. I'm still trying to find the catch... $0.99 and it will transcribe 30 seconds of speech-to-text in under 30 seconds. It uses SpinVOX on the backend.

To assure this stays on-topic, I would like to point out my interest in this technology.

I like to write. My Newton is (was) a great tool for this. My Newton is now off-line due to an ancient ROM I've boot-strapped myself back to. I'm now dependent on my iPhone for replacing the functionality of my Newton. To Do's, Bills2Pay, notes and email.

Things I miss:
  Tap and drag editing
  Spell Checking my emails
  MacinTalk Text-To-Speech
  My stylus
  The color green

Sincerely,

R A Parker

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--
   |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
My name is RAParker. I own a Newton and a Mac.