Re: [NTLK] Newton Font size

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 13:27:47 EDT

This extension does seem to do a pretty good job of changing system
font, dock font and the font in a number of other places including the
current page of a Newton book(but not other pages). In some places it
can cause difficulties such as making tool bar buttons too big, card
dialog windows misaligned and a few other problems on my first glance.

Overall I find SBM layout to meet my needs better but it does not
adjust font in extras list layout and a number of other places.
Combining is possible.

For folks who just find some books difficult to read due to font size:
• Try installing Steve Weyer's HTMList and save to NewtWorks where you
can read the book as a document with your chosen font and size.
HTMList will also allow the conversion of any NewtWorks document to
HTML, allowing it to be converted to a Newton book using Newtscape.

• Install NewtsCape and save the book to NewtWorks as Html then open
in NewtsCape with your chosen font, size etc and save as a package.
You will now have the newt book installed with the font and size of
your choosing.

For either of these you will want a 2100, initially use an expendable
memory card because if it fails in process the card may become corrupt
and need reformatting. This is especially likely with books exceeding
600 pages, I suspect the problem is heap size.