[NTLK] Y2010 bug diagnostic package

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 16:14:49 EDT

I've been following this thread in a somewhat passive manner...until my daily alarm woke me up this morning with a non-stop alarm...Turns out my anniversary is tomorrow and the Newton does not want me miss it! I was not aware that I had installed the Fix2010 package, but apparently I did...Oh well...Backups? Nope, not for a while now...darn.

So, I grabbed this diagnostic package and read the site:
http://40hz.org/Pages/Y2010%20Diagnostic

I do have some questions though.
On the above page, there is a statement:
"The data can be copied to the Notes application for further inspection."

Then it says a little further down, "the application can be used to remove all alarms"

My question is, will you be able to save the alarms in the Notes application before the application removes all alarms?

Unfortunatly, my Newt is now in loop alarm mode and is sitting battery free so I can have a quiet moment to think... can this diagnostic program perform it's function even while the alarms are alarming?

Thanks
Ed
web/gadget guru
By Richard Feynman, Physicist, Nobel winner (1918-1988)

"There are 10^11 stars in the galaxy. That used to be a huge number. But it's only a hundred billion. It's less than the national deficit! We used to call them astronomical numbers. Now we should call them economical numbers."