Re: [NTLK] [Poutine] Poutine and wines (Was Re: Test message. Are we still here?)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 05:23:37 EDT

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Abraham Limpo Martínez
<abraham@familialimpo.net> wrote:
> There is no such thing as Poutine in spain BUT as a fellow newtonian I
> have tasted poutine, and by tasted I meant I had to bother my english
> teacher to help me translate a recipe and I had to prepare it myself.
> Despite my best intentions I have to admit it didn't go very well and it
> has not become an staple of my diet.

I doubt a proper poutine can be made outside canada--we lack the
proper cheese curds here, that seem to be only available in certain
parts of Canada. I tried it once, too, and it wasn't so hot... I
would prefer the gravy and fries alone. :-) I seem to remember that,
in school or college (Western PA) we used to get fries and gravy
rather frequently. My favorite, though, was fries and vinegar that we
used to get at our swimming pool/lake. mmmm (I've never been able to
recreate that particular flavor of vinegar)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland