Re: [NTLK] The future of Newton--What's your best vision?

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Tue Jul 01 2008 - 12:15:14 EDT

On Jul 1, 2008, at 1:31 AM, Tony Kan wrote:

> Just tried an iPhone for the first time this morning; a telephone
> pabx vendor
> had one and I managed to distract him from his presentation enough
> to do a demo
> of the iphone: first thing I wanted to do was type in the "quick
> brown fox..."
> but after a couple of minutes it was quite frustrating using the
> onscreen
> keyboard. Quite difficult to hit the right key even if one is
> looking straight
> at it.

If you used it for a couple of days, it would be a lot easier. My
wife has been using it since december '07 and now swears by it. Her
MP120 has gone by the wayside.

Also, the iPhone when "Jailbroken" has a LOT of software available
including note organizers, sketch pad, book readers, etc.

It's pretty slick, it has very good battery life, it syncs smoothly
with the Mac (and the PC I suppose), and of course it has pretty
dandy battery life unlike so many other supposed Newton contenders.

Sure I miss the stylus and the metaphor of the newton, but the
iphone/ipod touch is incredibly useable and useful.

Marty