Re: [NTLK] Newton - OS X Tiger - WLan

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 10:39:25 EDT

This one isn't very difficult once you are connecting with the
internet for browsing.

1. enable Web sharing on your Mac, Go to system preferences, select
Sharing, enable "Web Sharing"
2. Before closing, note the message that appeared at the bottom of
this window and copy the two addresses given, the second is the one
of primarily concerned interest here.
(For additional information look in your Mac user folder for the
sites folder. Read the text in 'index'. this gives you the web
address to use to access your Mac. This is also where you will be
directed if you use your Newt, or any other internet capable device
to access the second address listed. Index.html will be the default
web page which you may modify or as I have selected to do 'create a
new folder and modify the URL')
3. Create a new folder in 'sites', such as "Newton". You will place
your Newton packages or html documents here.
4. Use Newtscape to connect to your Mac, in this format
http://(your IPaddress eg. 192.168.1.105)/~(your short name)/newton/

You can install packages, download gif and I think jpeg images into
NewtsCape and HTML documents that can be saves as newtworks
documents, or Newton books.

Good luck
Woody