Re: [NTLK] No Classic Support in Leopard

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 07:34:56 EDT

On Oct 25, 2007, at 7:16 PM, Tony Morrow wrote:

> I just saw this article on engadget. http://tinyurl.com/2yaq2w .
> They're reporting that Leopard will not support Classic on Intel
> (obviously) or PowerPC systems. How will that play with the Newton
> community since some programs only work in Classic?

Now that we have Simon Bell's excellent NCX, I think it's little of
an issue at all, if any. The true power of NCX is that you no longer
have to bootstrap as long as you have a USB to Serial adapter, plus
all of the import/export and backup features it offers.

I tend to use NCX or BlueTooth to get data on & off my MessagePad
2100 or WiFi if I need to do something like update published
calendars (using IC/VC) and such, so I won't mind. Actually, I'm
running on a MacBook Pro and don't even think about it anymore.

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/