Re: [NTLK] IrOBEX: TX and MP2100

From: Eckhart Köppen <eck1003_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri Oct 26 2007 - 12:27:28 EDT

On 23. Oct, 2007, at 07:36 , t-na wrote:

> I can receive beams from the Palm TX to my MP2100 just fine. But I
> can't get the Palm TX to receive beams (from Notes) from MP2100. I
> have Neo, Nito, and IC/IV installed. The TX recognize and receive
> the beam from MP2100; there's no error on either unit. But the
> note received on the Palm TX is not what was beamed. It's just 2
> characters that look like "py"

The issue is that the Newton uses internally Unicode (16 bit
charaters) to deal with Umlauts etc., and Neo sends the data in that
format. The two characters you see are the Unicode headers - if you
send the data to e.g. a PC and use a Unicode enabled text editor such
as WordPad, you'd be able to see the text. Somebody had this problem
with the Palm before, I think there is a solution somewhere on the
Palm side.

Eckhart