Re: [NTLK] 2100 stylus silo problem

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 11:33:31 EST

~~~ On 2007/11/13 14:57, Sonny Hung at sonnyhung@gmail.com wrote ~~~

> On Nov 13, 2007 9:13 AM, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is this the sort of thing I can fix fairly easily by opening up the back
>> and
>> twiddling the catch (shown in Frank�s instructions for dismantling the
>> MP2100), or has something more fundamental gone wrong?
>>

> Christian,
>
> It should be easily fixable by looking at those instructions.
> However are there any more detailed descriptions you can give?
> It might help give a better educated guess.
>
> Is it not springing back when you press the stylus in?
> Does it click but not grip?
>
> It's not a big problem really as it's a simple procedure...
> Do you have a replacement part? if you did you can just replace it...

There's nothing more to say. You know how it does that thing where you push
the stylus down and it locks in, and you push it down again and it releases?
Well, now it stays released and doesn't grip. There is no clicking sound.

I guess my question really should be, can it be fixed with just a simple
procedure to re-align something, or a procedure for replacing a part, or is
it something more complicated?

What I'm thinking of is, is there a possibility that something has just
popped out of somewhere, and I need to go in carefully so as not to lose a
spring or bend something essential? Or can I just go ahead and dismantle
the thing?

Shalom.
Christian

MP2100: the computer of tomorrow — yesterday.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/