Re: [NTLK] 2100 stylus silo problem

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Nov 13 2007 - 11:58:11 EST

On Nov 13, 2007 11:33 AM, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess my question really should be, can it be fixed with just a simple
> procedure to re-align something, or a procedure for replacing a part, or
> is
> it something more complicated?

Personally I would suggest just replacing the part - If located in the US
contact me off list...

> What I'm thinking of is, is there a possibility that something has just
> popped out of somewhere, and I need to go in carefully so as not to lose a
> spring or bend something essential? Or can I just go ahead and dismantle
> the thing?

IIRC this part is composed of a square/rectangular plastic frame which has
to plastic inserts which form the spring lock mechanism which possibly
interlock - unfortunately I recall it being a pain to take apart and put
back together - at least for my large hands. Within this there is also a
spring which I don't recall it's shape, but likely a similar construction as
those in a pen but smaller - I could be wrong here as it's been awhile since
I took it apart.

Replacing the part is simple (as a whole) however it could be just something
out of alignment also as you suggest but I'd doubt it... but you can prove
me wrong here ;-P

Much success Christian in resolving this... I too hate it when one of these
goes awry.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung