Re: [NTLK] Greetings from a R. V. Winkle and a Request for Assistance (connection-related)

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue Nov 06 2007 - 02:20:44 EST

On 11/6/07, Steven Paiano <spaiano@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Recently, the on/off switch stopped working, I managed to get it working, and it now leads a forlorn existence on a respirator/AC adapter at home. I purchased a 2000 -> 2100 upgrade unit from eBay and it seems fine. I would like to back up my first love, do a soft brain transplant (my very own Duncan Idaho!) into the newer unit, then send the "older" unit off to be repaired.

Rather than backing up to your computer, I recommend getting yourself
a memory card, and backing up to that. I'm sure somebody on this list
has one they would sell you. You only need a 4 meg card for backups,
but if you get a bigger one, you can also store packages and data on
it. This is what I would recommend over a computer backup--in fact,
get two cards, a 4 meg just for backups, and a larger one, and back up
onto both. That is _exactly_ what I do. I have a 4 meg onto which I
backup regularly, and a larger 32 meg which contains both packages and
a secondary backup.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland