Re: [NTLK] Article of interest

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 20:07:33 EDT

~~~ On 2007/05/21 22:39, Douglas Johnston at douglas.johnston@mac.com wrote
~~~

> On 19-May-07, at 12:42 PM, mwittmann@maine.edu wrote:
>
>> Perhaps I missed this being posted earlier, but here's an article
>> about using the Newton:
>>
>> <http://www.diyplanner.com/node/3942>
>

> Hey, thanks for the link (and interest ;-) ).
>
> For a site devoted to paper planners and notebooks, we've certainly
> had a number of Newton fans crawling out of the woodwork, including
> some that have contacted me via email regarding things like
> connectivity. 'Course, I'm pointing them to this list and the wiki,
> not the least reason of which is my own status as a newbie.
>
> all my best,
> dj
>
> --
> D*I*Y Planner : http://diyplanner.com

Welcome to the wonderful world of Newtons, Douglas.

In fact, we did have a (brief) discussion that touched on comparing
electronic diaries and paper ones. Somewhere in all that there was a link
to a site by Mike Rohde, and from his site I eventually got to yours and a
few others. I found it all really interesting because I fall in the
category of fanatical Newton users with a dark secret: I still *also* use a
paper diary, a "Seven Star" ring-binder I've had for decades. I don't
really know why; the Newton can easily substitute for the paper diary, and
now the one I most can't bear to be without is the Newt, BUT ... I also want
my Seven Star. So I understand your attachment to your Moleskine and pen
but if anything can take the place of your Moleskine I think it could be the
Newton.

And if like me you end up with a dark secret and keep using them both, well,
we'll have to start up a 12-step group or something. ;)

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl