Re: [NTLK] Article of interest

From: Douglas Johnston <douglas.johnston_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 01:46:17 EDT

On 21-May-07, at 6:07 PM, Lord Groundhog wrote:

> Welcome to the wonderful world of Newtons, Douglas.

Thank you, it's good to have finally arrived. 'Twas a long 11-year
journey, so I have to take a bit of time to shake the dust and soak
my feet.... ;-)

> So I understand your attachment to your Moleskine and pen
> but if anything can take the place of your Moleskine I think it
> could be the
> Newton. And if like me you end up with a dark secret and keep
> using them both, well,
> we'll have to start up a 12-step group or something. ;)

Well, I've just published the follow-up to the original article, this
time on the eMate 300 as a tool for writers:

http://www.diyplanner.com/node/4042

In my mind, it stacks up favourably to the Alphasmart line-up, is a
heckuvalot cheaper, and *ahem* sexier. For those times when I can't
use my paper and fountain pens, the eMate seems to be the ticket,
especially when it comes to producing a digital product.

Best tool for the job, and all that. Sometimes paper, sometimes
Newton, sometimes MacBook Pro. Might need a support group for
multiple-personality disorders yet....

all my best,
dj

--