Re: [NTLK] MP2100 battery thermal switch part replacement

From: Martin Portman <martin.portman_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 08:29:42 EDT

On 5/1/07, Adam Goddard <pashosh@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Are you talking about the little tag in series with the battery?
> Looks like a bit of tape with two metal tabs coming our and spot
> welded to the batteries? I might have a couple of these floating
> around somewhere. They're known as PolyTemp switches/fuses. You can
> order them from Farnell, DigiKey, Mouser, etc.

Thanks, but I think my panic is over. I just hooked up an ohm meter, heat
gun and
IR temp sensor and verified that the thing works. At 15 degrees it had
about 0.7 ohms
resistance. As I heated it up, it went up slowly, by a few tenths here and
there, and
then around 50 degrees it suddenly shot up, to over 1K. I'm assuming that's
expected behaviour. Please tell me if it isn't !!

Martin