Re: [NTLK] MP2100 battery thermal switch part replacement

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Tue May 01 2007 - 07:04:47 EDT

On 01/05/2007, at 7:14 PM, Martin Portman wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to rebuild my MP2100 battery pack, but my ham-fisted
> attempt has done something nasty to the thermal switch component.
>
> Does anyone know of a source for a replacement switch, or am I
> going to
> pay for my lack of skill by being forced to buy a refurbished
> battery pack?
Are you talking about the little tag in series with the battery?
Looks like a bit of tape with two metal tabs coming our and spot
welded to the batteries? I might have a couple of these floating
around somewhere. They're known as PolyTemp switches/fuses. You can
order them from Farnell, DigiKey, Mouser, etc.
If you're talking about the little blob that sits in between the two
batteries and connects to the two contacts on the face of the battery
pack's plastic, this is an NTC Thermistor, 10kOhm@20degC if I
remember correctly.
I'm in Sydney, Australia. Let me know if you want me to post either
of these. Someone closer to home may have some as well.

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard