Re: [NTLK] The Newton Mini

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2007 - 13:58:43 EDT

This is my sentiment as well.
  For me, when I put some information into my Newt, I am assured that it is there until I take it out. This is the big selling point for me! I've had numerous PDAs and smartphones, but none of them were as reliable as my Newt...Even after a hard reset, my stuff was still there! I can't tell you the amount of information I lost on my Blackberry, Windows Mobile 2005 and other devices...but my newt? It still has stuff I wrote (not typed) down from my original Motorola Marco!
  Ed
  web/gadget guru

Joshua Cearley <joshua.cearley@gmail.com> wrote:
  On 7/1/07, John Derbyshire wrote:
> If we are feeling sore about the Green Goddess giving birth to the next
> generation why don't we call the iPhone the Newton Mini? ; )

The Newton gives me the feeling that it is there to keep my
information for me, and it doesn't care really if I want to turn it in
to a TV remote or draw up my plans for world domination.

The iPhone gives me the the impression of a regular smart phone sans
software with a bigger screen. I'll have to prod at one when they get
them in stores to see though (as I've only seen the ads and some of
the videos).

Just my [current] opinion :-)

"The rule in Silicon Valley is that if Apple leaves the table smiling, the other guy got screwed,"
   - Rob Enderle, independant analyst on the Apple/Cisco iPhone lawsuit

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.