[NTLK] Mac Tablet

From: James Grubic <jgrubic_at_bozeman.k12.mt.us>
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 19:19:34 EST

As might have been mentioned, there is a Mac Tablet. It is a modded
MacBook being offered for sale by Other World Computing.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/ModBook

About the iPhone: I read a blurb somewhere that it was a "closed"
system. This may mean no 3rd party software. I hope this isn't the
case...it could be very useful as not only a gaming platform, but as a PDA.

What I have found really disappointing in the last couple of years is
that no PDA manufacturer has thought to actually put a mini-laptop hard
drive inside. The closest thing is the LifeDrive with the solid state
drive in 4GB+ capacities. They are going the route of solid state
devices, but it seems to me that if an iPod with hard drive can work,
why can't a PDA with a hard drive work?

James