Re: [NTLK] [OT] Carl Sagan Vindication

From: James Grubic <jgrubic_at_bozeman.k12.mt.us>
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 12:46:01 EST

Carl Sagan is one of my personal heroes and was largely responsible for
introducing many millions of people, including myself, to the worlds of
Science and Nature.

I fail to see how he could be called a "fraud" when he devoted his life
to the pursuit of truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Sagan

I think a lot of the animosity towards him comes from his pursuit of the
confirmation of extra-terrestrial life, and his steadfast refusal to
accept religions that have no empirical evidence to support their beliefs.

(And for the record...there IS at least basic life in other parts of the
universe. The problem the distance and timeframes involved will make it
close to impossible for our civilization to ever get proof.)

I also highly recommend visiting http://www.carlsagan.com/ and buying
the DVD set of Cosmos.

James