Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection for Mac OS X

From: Larry Zasitko <l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net>
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 12:21:04 EST

I downloaded NCX and finally found the serial plug for the Newton. I
had a keyspan usa-28 so this morning I plug it all in and it worked
fine. Did a backup to my Powerbooks hard drive. Now the wait till
sync works. In all it has made the Newton more usable again.

Like some of the others: NCX does not close nicely, icon remained in
dock and I checked and stopped the process but still the icon is in
the dock. It will not let me start NCX again (-600 error).

I had at some point downloaded nSync but could not get it to see the
serial line.

What I would really like to see is syncing of the address on the
Newton. I have a lot of phone numbers on it that I have nowhere else.

Is there some way to make Newton Books in OSX? I do have Newton press
but I no longer have classic installed. I have an old mac running v7
but it would be a pain to setup and use, I was also having some
monitor issues with it.

Larry