Re: [NTLK] MacBook & MP2100 Connectivity

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Mon Aug 20 2007 - 11:18:43 EDT

On 8/19/2007 4:33 PM, t-na wrote:
> Thanks in advance for your help. I was not successful connecting my MP2100 to my Windows XP desktop with the NCU; tried the slowdown.exe but just could not find the right combination. I got as high as 5 slowdown running but still could not connect. I may tackle this again later with your help.

Here is another tip:
If you are using a serial port that is part of the motherboard or is a
installed card make sure your FIFO buffers are one setting above the
lowest setting for the serial port you are connecting on. The is set in
the device manager in settings/controlpanel/system/device manger/com
port properties/port settings tab/advanced button. You may also want to
set the speed of the port to the same speed you are trying to connect at
on your newton. I have found that the FIFO buffer changes make a big
difference. If the next to the lowest setting does not work, try it on
the lowest but DO NOT disable the FIFO buffers or it definitely won't
work.

-Dan