Re: [NTLK] MoreInfo problem

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 11:49:17 EDT

On 9/27/2006 11:15 AM, atcnn2@yahoo.se wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use MoreInfo a lot. It works perfect but now it stopped doing so.
> Reason: I tried to delete and .... stop
> Now MoreInfo, when updating after restart informs me that my 2100 has
> not enough memory and hangs. Actually, the soft which hangs is At A
> Glance. MoreInfo works normally. I can make new appointments etc....
> but cannot see them on the screen.
> Help!! I have a lot of info to lose, if I have to reload (practically
> I cannot do it either, I dont have any other computer but Newton. I
> have packages loaded in my cards but I think it is not possible to
> reload directly from the card. I didn\t try yet.
> John

What did you try to delete? A meeting? A todo? How do you have at a
glance set for? A week at a time? What I would suggest first is to do
a full backup. Or if you are using cards, at LEAST backup your system
and to do and dates. If you are viewing a week at a time (or more) and
you tried to delete say a meeting and it did not delete correctly then
every time you try to view that day you may get a error. What I would
suggest is after you backup your Newt, use the original dates app and go
to the day you tried to delete something and see if you still see it.
If you do see the item in question, then delete it using the original
dates app, and restart your Newt. Then go back and see if it was
deleted, again with the original dates app. If it is gone, now try more
info and see if it still hangs.

If you still have trouble then freeze all the moreinfo packages and use
trashpack or prefscleaner to delete all the more info preferences.
Restart your Newt then unfreeze more info and see if that helps.

-Dan