[NTLK] My Newton Wish List

From: <MKow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 20:53:06 EDT

Everyone else does it -- now, it's my turn. There are really only three dream
features I'd love to have on my Newton MP 2X00:

1. Newtonize Avantgo News Feed Thingie -- Yes, there's a RSS feed
agragator thingie out there, and that's great for folks who still use a dial-up modem
connection to the internet. For the rest of us folks who decided to forge
ahead into the new millenium and get cable modems for our PCs, we could use a
Newtonized version of Avantgo's internet page loader. Seems simple enough. You
access the internet from your PC, connect your Newton, and upload a couple
hundred pages of news articles from the NY Times, Planetizen, CNET,
you-get-the-idea. News on the go for busy business people. Just dock, synch, and go!

2. XML Editor/Testor -- Yes, there are tool for creating and testing
simple HTML content. That's cool, but here's what would impress me: A Newton
application that lets me create, edit, and test run .XML documents on my Newton.
Maybe some functionality for .XSD as well. Plus, it's something that I could
actually use for my day-to-day research.

3. FM Radio with Newtonized Digital Controls -- I've seen a CF (or SD?) FM
radio card that transforms a Palm PDA (ick!) into an FM radio, complete with
digitized controls. In a perfect world, we could add something like this to
the Newton. Picture this: you plug an FM receiver card into your Newton and in
an instant, you have a set or slider controls appear on the screen for volume,
tuning, tone, maybe even a feature to record broadcasts directly to an audio
note in Notepad.

4. Solar Cell Screen Cover -- Okay, I'm throwing in a bonus item for the
suggestion box.
What if the screen cover contained an integrated solar cell to keep the
battery level topped off? Dude...that'd be sweet.

So, y'all can go on dreamin' about the next 'sophisticated' on/off floating
pallette light switch button. As long as I'm dreamin', I'm going to dream for
something that's actually useful... ;O)

Best regards,

Matt K.
Armchair Newton Analyst