Re: [NTLK] My Newton Wish List

From: Adam Goddard <pashosh_at_tpg.com.au>
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 10:04:43 EDT

On 23/09/2006, at 10:53 AM, MKow1234@aol.com wrote:
> 3. FM Radio with Newtonized Digital Controls -- I've seen a CF (or
> SD?) FM
> radio card that transforms a Palm PDA (ick!) into an FM radio,
> complete with
> digitized controls. In a perfect world, we could add something like
> this to
> the Newton. Picture this: you plug an FM receiver card into your
> Newton and in
> an instant, you have a set or slider controls appear on the screen for
> volume,
> tuning, tone, maybe even a feature to record broadcasts directly to an
> audio
> note in Notepad.

http://radio.about.com/library/weekly/aa012703a.htm SD card
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1649496,00.asp CF card
http://www.ambicom.com/products/multimed/fm-cf.html cf specs
http://tinyurl.com/lm3va same ambicom cf card, just prices

Someone good at coding for hardware wanna have a crack at this? The CF
card looks the cheaper/more versatile/readily available option as far
as my searching around can find.

Regards,
   - Adam Goddard