Re: [NTLK] eMate Repair aka HOLY COW!

From: Aaron Eiche <aaron.eiche_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 21:19:28 EST

The job was done poorly. I don't know if they were following Frank
and Joel's instructions or they recognized the problem and came up
with their own solution, but this is what I found when I opened up
the machine:

1) Springs weren't re-greased, and one leg was completely coiled

2) The original retaining screw was gone, in it's place was one of
the screen mounting screws with built-in washer. I can only assume
that this was salvaged from another eMate as this one had all of it's
washer screws in place.

The washer wasn't creased, which IMO makes a difference. Fortunately
the display cable was not punctured, and I don't think it could have
done too much damage anyway. An interesting adventure.