Re: [NTLK] eMate Repair aka HOLY COW!

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Nov 04 2006 - 16:53:40 EST

The first issue is a reminder to be careful to not cross thread
screws. Hopefully the one that is missing is the center, I'd worry
about the stress of pc card removal as well as power and serial cable
connection if any of the others are missing.

The theory behind the washer is that the spring would roll up under
it and be unable to spring loose and hit the display ribbon. It was
once reported that a spring broke and cut the display ribbon even
though the washer had been installed.

Based on what you see what is your theory as to how the spring leg
escaped?

Woody