Re: [NTLK] works - footnotes

From: Walter Remson <w.remson_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 01:20:27 EDT

The only other considerations in transferring information form your
computer to your Newton would be the data type. You can copy past just
about any text into Notepad. With Works you can past in text as well as
transfer RTF (Rich Text Format), do not use the Word version of RTF but
the universal version. With tables the issue is a bit more complex, you
need to use comma or tab delimited file format. Again you have take
care that the tab space are in proportion to the screen on the Newton.
I have template in Word for this issue that uses the same measurement
as Newton Press.

As for pictures you are limited to GIF formated files. Also the number
of colors is limited to four. FIles saved with more colors are to large
to be pasted into your Newton. Black and white images (2 color ) also
work well on your Newton. There maybe other limitations but these are
the one I can remember for right now.