Re: [NTLK] Connecting a 2100 to modern iMac via serial cable

From: Matthew Reidsma <mreidsma_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 14:09:38 EDT

On 5/10/06, Mike Richards <mike_richards@mac.com> wrote:

> However, and you knew this was coming, I can't get the Newton to find
> my Mac.
>
> (Appletalk is enabled on the Mac in OS9 and MacOSX, WiFi is enabled
> on the Mac. My wireless router is a Belkin which takes the IP number
> 192.168.2.1, the Mac has been allocated 192.168.2.2, DHCP has been
> set to automatic)

Mike,

I suspect your Belkin router will not pass Appletalk. I think you have
two options:

1. Use a computer-to-computer network for the Wifi (I have no idea if
this will work, or how to do it, or if it is possible. I'm just
dreaming here.)

2. Install the TCP/IP Dock package from Escale. I don't know if it
will help with NCU, but it should let you connect to Escale.

Of course, you need to get the packages on the Newton, but you should
be able to connect to the internet and download them directly to the
Newton.

Good luck,

--
-----