Re: [NTLK] Connecting a 2100 to modern iMac via serial cable

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 06:05:25 EDT

On 5/10/06, Mike Richards <mike_richards@mac.com> wrote:
> I've got NCU installed under OS9 and I've switched on Appletalk in OS9.
>
> When I start NCU and choose [Preferences...] the only connectivity
> option is Appletalk, this box is checked.
>
> I open Dock on the Newton and choose [Appletalk]; I then choose
> [Other computer] - the chooser just sits there and does not find my
> iMac.

It probably won't find it because your average serial-USB cannot pass
Appletalk...

I'm working on getting Tiger to connect to my 2100 via Appletalk and
ethernet, but so far, it's not working. I don't know if it's a cable
problem fried e-net card or hub or if Tiger just doesn't do Appletalk
to a Newton... If I figure anything out, I'll post here...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland