Re: [NTLK] Fighting Complacency within the Newton Community

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 12:33:56 EDT

Newtonfolk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to contribute to this thread. I was not advocating for creating a police state on this bulletin board -- rather, I was only trying to find some way to stir up the ranks and get people to at least think about becoming more involved. I am not yearning for the platform's 'good old days', but just trying to help folks envision what might yet be.

I will admit that my Newton is used more for experimentation and entertainment than 'common every day usage'. This weekend alone, I : conducted research for a project to create more educational eBooks for use in the classroom (via the eMate), experimented with settings of Sloup with Notes2Notes, researched terminal emulator apps for the pocket pc (to determine if PPC's could communicate with the Newton via Sloup), wrote to a couple of Newton developers, etc.

At least this month's postings end on (what I feel to be) a meaningful topic, and we've heard from some otherwise quiet observers of the bulletin board. I think that's far more interesting, and more important, than reading many of the other topics seen on this list. Thanks for letting me stir the pot.

Regards,

Matt K.
Detroit, Michigan, USA