[NTLK] Flashing backlight after crash.

From: Dylan Shell <dshell_at_robotics.usc.edu>
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 20:21:54 EDT

Hi all,

My third week using my Newt 2100, something horrid has happened. I was
installing simplemail, and device reset itself. It never came back up,
instead the backlight was simply flashing on and off, in a sort of three
flashes, then longer pause, then flashes, etc.

Anyway, I searched the archives. I read that behavior is indicative of a
memory check failure. It seems that the other people who've encountered
this left their newts out in the rain, or spilled water on them!!! Not a
good sign, considering I was just using the device.

Today I opened up the message pad took out the ROM. I then put it back
in, making sure the card was properly seated. Started it up but got the
same flashing backlight.

Where do I go from here? Any suggestions...

Dylan.