Re: [NTLK] FOLLOWUP: Maybe I've figured out the NCU serial connect failure

From: Jim Felder <felder_at_knology.net>
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 19:50:11 EDT

On Jul 17, 2006, at 6:18 PM, Giulio Marchi wrote:

> implemented it, the
> Keyspan adapter drivers (Classic and OS X) can actually coexist as
> also
> stated in the manual. You just can not use them at the same time.

Good to know, I'll put the OS X drivers back in the apps folder and
cross my fingers.

> I use the Keyspan adapter both under OS X (Newten) and Classic (NCU)
> after having installed both drivers.

I'm connected and using NCU right now.

I took the Keyspan OS C driver out of the apps folder and put it on
the desktop (I'll try putting it back. Are you suuuuure you can have
both installed?)

I installed the Keyspan OS 9 driver, which is on the keyspan.com site
under "Old Downloads."

I restarted Classic and NCU.

I went to the preferences panel and lo and behold, where there had
been no choice other than appletalk, now there were several. I chose
Printer.

I made sure that the serial cable from the Newton was plugged into
port 1 of the keyspan adapter. That's been important on something,
maybe GPS, I don't remember.

I connected!

Thanks for all your help. Although it may seem to you like your
comments may not have been applicable to my situation, I see them as
speeding me to a resolution of my problem. And, just like old times,
this little green gadget is working for me again! I can hardly
believe it.

I'd like to know more about importing and exporting calendar and
address book stuff. If there's a good writeup in the archives I
should check out, please let me know the appropriate keywords to
search for.

Best,

Jim