Re: [NTLK] Button Bar Usage

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat Jul 01 2006 - 12:19:42 EDT

On 6/30/2006 9:25 PM, James Wages wrote:
> I haven't modified my button bar in so long, I've quite nearly forgotten
> how. I would therefore appreciate some guidance...
>
> I am able to drag items INTO the button bar, but I cannot remove items from
> it. I have DashBoard and Gesture Launch installed. I can't figure out how
> to temporarily disable Gesture Launch, which is what I believe is preventing
> me from pulling icons OFF of the button bar. Any ideas?
>
> Also, I've read some good things about using BarKeep in conjunction with
> DashBoard and Gesture launch. Sadly, the vendors website appears to be
> down. Is BarKeep still recommended for button bar maintenance? If so, how
> does one obtain a copy?
>
> Thank you!
>
> James Wages

Dashboard is easy to disable, you just click the newton button in the
far bottom left corner and then in the menu click "close dashboard".

Gesture launch is different (if you are talking about the one from ICS),
that is Dependant on one package. But I can't recall the name of the
extension you should freeze off hand. I do remember it was not called
"gesture launch" which surprised me. I do recall it was not that it was
not what I had expected name wise. If you list your extensions I can
tell you which one (I am sure I will recognize it then).

Bar keep is nice if you want to move where your arrows are (right side
or left) and adjust where the button bar is. Or how many icons you have
in your button bar. Not sure if it is still available. Off hand I
would guess no. I lost contact with the developer some time ago but I
will try to get in touch with him again and see if he is willing to get
his site back up or realse the software into the public domain.

-Dan