Re: [NTLK] Button Bar Usage

From: James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Jul 01 2006 - 11:33:36 EDT

There are two ways:

Try holding the stylus down a quarter inch from the left edge of the
screen while the newton boots up (you'll have to reset it - either
with dashboard, yanking the batteries, or pressing the reset button
first.)

This should bring up a dialog asking if you want to activate packages
on the internal store (and then the same question again for any
memory cards you have inserted). Answer NO to whichever store has
Gesture-launch installed and this will prevent Gesture Launch from
starting up.

Alternately, if you have a tool installed that enables freezing for
you - use that to freeze the Gesture-launch package inside Extras,
and this should turn off Gesture-launch immediately.

Make whatever re-arrangements you want to the button bar, and then
either unfreeze G-L, or if you prevented packages from loading, you
can manually tap all the packages in extras with Xs through them, or
just reboot the newton.

If you end up disabling Dashboard as well - don't worry, changes you
make to the standard button bar will be matched by Dashboard when it
is loaded up.

J. Tyler Nichols