Re: [NTLK] NCU and AppleTalk, no joy :-(

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jan 06 2006 - 19:00:21 PST

Hi Roland
I have successfully used NCU in Classic with 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4. I
have used The 3com 3CXE589ET and I believe that other versions of the
3com/Megahertz 589 series cards should work also.
I also use wifi successfully with Airport base station (Graphite) and
Lucent Wavelan Turbo Bronze without wep and Lucent Wavelan Turbo
silver with wep.

Re: your error code see < http://tools.unna.org/errors/query.php?
code=-61001 >

It would seem that since you are able to successfully run NewtsCape,
you have drivers and prefs correctly set on the Newt.

On the Mac side do you have NCU running? Is Appletalk on? In NCU
prefs is appletalk selected?

Appletalk problems can also be due to the router.

So it is possible to connect with NCU in Classic 10.4

Keep us posted on your progress

Woody