[NTLK] WiFi and more

From: Tim Wilson (me_at_knipdlo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 20:16:15 PST

Hello All!

I know wifi is a common subject, but I have a little more in depth
question. I have an MP2000 that I bought without a connection cable.
I would eventually like to be able to use my Newt with wireless
networks in my house. I know it currently has Net Hopper installed.
And some other internet utilities. But they are all from the previous
owner... I would like to back up my current information, and wipe the
machine and start clean, but I obviously need to backup first. What
should be my first steps? I have either a G4 Quicksilver tower
running the latest OS X release, or an IBM Think Pad running XP I've
also got an old desktop with XP somewhere. I assume I need a cable,
where is a reliable source? I can afford the accessories, just not
the mistakes, considering I am a full time high school student. Any
guidance from the community is greatly appreciated. (note, questions
like, "what is the easiest way to get a wireless card that works"
will come later :-)

Regards,
Tim