Re: [NTLK] WiFi and more

From: Zoont Foomby (zoontf_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 12 2006 - 10:31:24 PST

If the Newt has Nethopper and such, does it have the Ethernet driver
installed already? If so, getting a compatible Ethernet card would be faster
connection than the serial cable, and would work with either the Wintel or
Mac PCs. Once you have a network connection working for your Newt (even if
it isn't wireless), there are numerous utilities, including the NCU, that
can work over Ethernet, for doing backups.
If it does not have the Ethernet driver, then dealing with getting one on
the Newt would probably be more trouble than getting the serial cable -
unless you have a Mac Powerbook with IrDA.

--
Its been so long,
and the groove in my heart is nearly gone,