Re: [NTLK] Newton backlight / digitizer replacement

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 14:07:52 EDT

On Aug 29, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Sonny Hung wrote:

> On 8/29/06, maynard@jmg.com <maynard@jmg.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Martin Joseph wrote:
>>> They used Green for a reason...
>
> Marty's comment above really relates to the visibility - the Green
> Backlight they used in the OEM install provided teh best readability.

Yes, that is what I meant, sorry if I was overly brief.
>> I'm sure he's a perfectly fine seller. My question was really
>> directed
>> to anyone who has done this modification for their opinion on the
>> result.
>> Is the new digitizer that much harder to use? How does the white
>> backlight
>> compare to a fading green backlight? (actually, how do I know that my
>> backlight really *is* fading? All I can say is that it's really only
>> useful at night. Is that a sign that it's fading?)
Also, as Sonny said, I don't think we have heard too many report
here about the new touch screen unit, so if you opt to go that way,
please do let us know what you think.

Also I didn't think you were maligning Calvin, I just wanted you to
know that he is legit.

Good Luck,
Marty