Re: [NTLK] Newton backlight / digitizer replacement

From: <maynard_at_jmg.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 16:43:59 EDT

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Martin Joseph wrote:

> Also, as Sonny said, I don't think we have heard too many report
> here about the new touch screen unit, so if you opt to go that way,
> please do let us know what you think.

    Hmmm. You appear right. I've been digging through the newtontalk
mailing list with google and I don't see much in the way of third party
reviews or opinions on the backlight / digitizer upgrade. J&K has a
barebones 2100 available for $37.50. With $125 for the upgrade I'll still
be below $200. And I'm curious. I just don't want to screw up my working
newt. Perhaps that's the way to go...