Re: [NTLK] Newton backlight / digitizer replacement

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 13:44:46 EDT

On 8/29/06, maynard@jmg.com <maynard@jmg.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Martin Joseph wrote:
> > They used Green for a reason...

Marty's comment above really relates to the visibility - the Green
Backlight they used in the OEM install provided teh best readability.

> I'm sure he's a perfectly fine seller. My question was really directed
> to anyone who has done this modification for their opinion on the result.
> Is the new digitizer that much harder to use? How does the white backlight
> compare to a fading green backlight? (actually, how do I know that my
> backlight really *is* fading? All I can say is that it's really only
> useful at night. Is that a sign that it's fading?)
M -
This question about comparisons is really a hard item to quantify.
I've had to compare the NEW backlights with the old OEM ones and
depending on the usage I still like the OEM over the new replacement
green backlights personally. BUT everyone's eyes are different so
therefore opinions don't always mean the same thing to different
people. green vs white is the same thing. it depends on your eyes and
how they react to the two color variations...

Regarding the Touch Screen, I've not really heard of anyone who has
installed it YET... I've not even heard of people who have had it
installed. The only way to find that out is for Calvin to chime in...
and us to hear from those users who've had this procedure done...
unfortunately...

Some one correct me here if I'm totally off base...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung