Re: [NTLK] Newton backlight / digitizer replacement

From: <maynard_at_jmg.com>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 10:27:26 EDT

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Martin Joseph wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2006, at 12:35 PM, maynard@jmg.com wrote:

   [Newton backlight and digitizer replacement]

> Calvin is legit and good to deal with.
>
> They used Green for a reason...

   Hi Marty,

   I'm sure he's a perfectly fine seller. My question was really directed
to anyone who has done this modification for their opinion on the result.
Is the new digitizer that much harder to use? How does the white backlight
compare to a fading green backlight? (actually, how do I know that my
backlight really *is* fading? All I can say is that it's really only
useful at night. Is that a sign that it's fading?)

   Anyway, I did not mean to impugn Calvin. Just wanted some general
opinions... --M