Re: [NTLK] Re(2): Motorola Marco Wireless PDA (Apple Newton OS)

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 11:19:31 PDT

Moe wrote:
> If you don't mind, could you provide me with an e-mail address or
> phone number to this rep? As far as I knew (and I thought I knew well
> ;-) ), this service ceased to function quite a few years ago, even
> before 2000 I think. I'd LOVE to be proved wrong of course! I've got
> a Motorola Envoy and could contact the rep and give her the number she
> needs in about a week when I head back home. Keep me posted!

Guys,

Carrier service is one thing, but ARDIS (or DataTac as it seems to actually be
called) is, like Mobitex (the other earlier wireless data network) merely a
point to point protocol - that is, you need an ID number of something else on
the network that wants to talk to you.

I think what's missing here is that there's no such service for the Newton to
talk to anymore.