Re: [NTLK] [OT] Blind Courtesy Copies "How To" and why

From: hellsop_at_ninehells.com
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 11:37:03 PDT

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 08:00:43AM -0400, John Hay wrote:
> Note: Please do not include MY NAME OR MY Email ADDRESS in any public
> mass-emailings if you are NOT using BLIND COURTESY COPIES. If you don't
> know what this means, or need to learn:
>
> Do you know that when you mass email using TO or CC instead of BCC you
> are publishing private data of others to everyone you email to?

Every email you've sent to this list end up in a half-dozen web
archives, with everything you've included in it. I can't imagine what on
earth might have prompted you to dump this here, in a forum about
Newtons.

--
72. If all the heroes are standing together around a strange device and begin
    to taunt me, I will pull out a conventional weapon instead of using my