Re: [NTLK] Triple-Tapping on a Newton

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 10:01:23 PDT

Well, I just wish that my memory for these things was
a bit better!
I don't know what ever happened to the ARDIS
network...This all happened in a time when new
technologies came and went in the blink of an eye with
companies losing millions in the process! (Iridium
satelites anyone)
So it's not unusual to have an amazing technilogical
piece of hardware one day only to fine is useless the
next...(Socket pager card?)
Honestly, all this technology was venture capital
funded, and if they didn't show profitibility in a
rediculously short period of time, it was abandoned
while people reshuffled their priorities in an effort
to be part of the next biggest thing...it's a shame
really.
Ed
web/gadget guru
Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton:
http://newton.tek-ed.com

--- John Hay <OceanCity_at_mac.com> wrote:

> MARCO:
> Wow, interesting piece of history, never would have
> realized all this
> even existed.
> Thank you for taking the time to share this.
> I take it that the Marco really won't function today
> in terms of
> wireless connectivity, or would it?
>

> TRIPLE-TAPPING ON A NEWTON:
> On a side note, never would have thought of
> "Triple-Tapping" !
> On my 2x00's "Double-Tapping" of course brings up
> the silk keyboard.
> Tried "Triple-Tapping" in Notes, but nothing
> special. Guess you'd have
> to "Triple-Tap" trial & error just about every
> square inch of the Newton
> screen in various scenarios to discover any "other"
> easter eggs.

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial

http://mail.yahoo.com