[NTLK] [My Appolgies] BCC

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Sep 27 2005 - 10:00:57 PDT

Re: Blind Courtesy Copy Thread

I think also it was my fault for not adequately conveying the overall
context of where I was coming from. I was not referring to the
NewtonTalkList and I should have made this clear by stating it
explicitly. I was just talking about people emailing in general, stuff
like jokes they get from their friends who want to share them. Then the
friend laughs and sends it out to "their" friends. Before you know
you've got a pyramid of 100 names but neither the original sender nor
the friend realized that in the process of acting in good faith to
spread the joke around to their other friends that they were unwittingly
publishing names and email addresses simply because no one ever
explained to them how to Blind Courtesy Copy, or in fact if it is
approprate or not.

In the end I probably succeeded in upsetting Jason who was just trying
to help, and annoying everyone on the NewtonTalkList, so now let's just
keep it Off Line so we are not wasting anyone else's time or bandwidth.
Personally I feel no need to spend any more time on this and I
appreciate all of Jason's points well presented and taken.

Cheers,

John