Re: [NTLK] A new eMate in the offing?

From: Clayton Mitchell (claytonmitchell_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 11:46:48 PST

I seemed to have struck a nerve.

I must admit I was over generalizing. I was thinking specifically =20
about the poorest of african and asian nations. These countries do =20
have vast political corruption at the local levels because they are =20
so poor. Getting anything of value (medicine, clothing, technology) =20
into the hands of the general populace is a challenge. My point was =20
that if the "people" actually receive these computers then the OS is =20
irrelevant because anyone can be taught to use a tool. How long that =20=

takes is another story, but you need the tool before any learning can =20=

take place.

I do not consider any part of central or south america to be the so =20
called third world and I use the term very loosely to talk about only =20=

the poorest of the poor nations. I do not believe in 1st, 2nd, or =20
3rd world nations. I was simply using a socioeconomic terminology =20
that I thought would get my point across.

If I have offended, I apologize

This email sent back strapped on the rear flipper of a three legged =20
lesbian sea turtle from costa rica