Re: [NTLK] Stylus advice

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 11:35:20 PST

Like Laurent I used a Rotring for a few years till the body cracked. Then I
moved the stylus tip to a Staedler which is pretty much a Rotring made under
license by Staedler. Prior to the Rotrings, I used the Cross. I really like
the cross but changed to the Rotring for the multiple tips in one body.
Either way, I think both work well although I like the Cross marginally
more. As for screen protectors, I've never used one on any of the three
Newtons I've owned. My 120 2.0 never had a scratch on it when the pop bottle
fell on the screen and cracked it. My first 2100 upg came with scratches
where the pop up keyboard is. But that is because it had a bad case of the
jaggies and the former user typed everything. No new scratches were added
while I used it. When it got too bad to be usable, I bought another 2100 and
still no scratches. I do have a habit of running a finger tip over the
stylus tip to be sure it is still smooth. I'm not saying that it is wrong to
use screen protectors, just sharing how I use my Newton.

Matthew Reidsma wrote:
<Snip> So, I bought a few other after-market stylii, none as nice as the
Cross, and
tried them out.