Re: [NTLK] OT: PDA recommendations again

From: William Pociengel (hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 15:43:02 PDT

Thomas Isenbarger wrote:
> On May 25, 2005, at 1:33 PM, Ed Kummel wrote:
>

>>That's why I got a BlackBerry.
>
><snip>
> too. Syncing wouldn't be a problem if the Newton could replace my
> computer, but it's not quite that good either.
<snip>

> Tom Isenbarger

hmmm I've used my newt 2100 in place of a laptop for over a year when
the company I was with was bought out and the new one didn't replace
laptops. At the time I used mostly dialup from the worksite and ethernet
at home. Now I use a powerboox 12" for schoolwork, xp at work and
whatever at home (suse, os/2, win2k, redhat) but I think that I could
still replace basic work functionality with only a 2100 and a cell
phone. no i couldn't read the lousy ms office with a newt but i could
create documents, which as a business analyst is all i really care about
anyway, that and taking my notes.

pity that the voice to text code was never released, i did try to buy it
once but they were not interested in selling it and i wasn't up to
buying the company just to get the code ;-)