Re: [NTLK] OT: PDA recommendations again

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 25 2005 - 11:33:55 PDT

That's why I got a BlackBerry.
I knew I'ld never use a Palm, and I already tried a
Pocket PC...but I needed something beyond the
functionality of my Newton and my cell phone...So, I
got a BlackBerry 7520 from Nextel. Now I have web,
email and bluetooth including phone on my Blackberry
and my note taking and book reading on my Newton!.
Of course, I've somewhat reduced the functionality of
my Newton by syncing the Blackberry with my Outlook
schedule, but I'm finding that the Blackberry's
implementation of the scheduler to be a little too
basic...I may yet retain that functionality on my
Newt!
But I do think its funny when a coworker noticed my
Blackberry and proclaimed "welcome to the 21st
century..." A poignant barb to say the least!
Ed
web/gadget guru
Download Newton packages directly onto your Newton:
http://newton.tek-ed.com

--- Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:

> On May 25, 2005, at 6:12 AM, Thomas Isenbarger
> wrote:
>
> > I am thinking of getting my wife one of the
> cheaper Palms on the
> > market today. I have been away from the Palm for
> several years (now
> > I'm hard core MP), so I'd like a little advice.
>
> Just be sure she actually wants to do this... I
> have a customer here
> in Seattle that wanted the same thing. I set
> everything up, to make it
> super easy and slick, and it turned out, his wife
> just didn't want to
> carry a PDA and she never really used the setup.
>
> The technical side worked fine, but the end user
> wasn't interested.
>
> Getting her some flowers might prove smarter :~)
>
> Just a thought,
> Marty

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial