Re: [NTLK] OT - Airport Card Question

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 00:56:57 PDT

On May 22, 2005, at 3:15 PM, Sonny Hung wrote:
> Other than testing in a Mac laptop what other options do I have to
> test this?
Many mac desktops from the G4 era will also work with this card (AGP G4
through Quicksilver G4 at a minimum don't know about the mirrored drive
door models).

These machines have super easy to open casing, so they are a great way
to go for testing.
> I would assume it will not work in a ABS Graphite... but
> will it work in a Snow ABS? since it's not an Extreme based
> platform???
No I don't think it works in any base station IIR.

I use the same lucent wavelan silver card from my Newton in my
wallstreet.... There is an open source wireless driver for OSX (OS9 is
plug and play).

Marty